Our annual skate-a-thon is a fun and healthy activity for PYHA Inline Hockey players. Players set realistic lap goals based on age and development. Our goal is to help the PYHA fundraising committee raise at least $6,000.00 to fund new hockey equipment, raise awareness of PYHA, provide player scholarships, repaint and repair the Pioneer Park Inline Hockey Rink. We hope that each family will participate in the skate-a-thon to the best of its ability. If each family raises $200.00, we will achieve our goal. We are hoping to make this skate-a-thon the best ever, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we will be at achieving our goal. Thank you very much for your participation!
1. Skaters may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive the pledges on their envelope. Reminder: Pledge envelopes need to be turned in on skate-a-thon day.
2. Each sponsor making a pledge should write their own name, pledge per lap, and maximum pledge. Skaters may collect the pledge in advance but must keep pledges until all are collected.
3. On skate-a-thon day, each age group will skate during a specified time period on our rink. Each lap is approximately 1/10th
of a mile. Each participant will be issued a “lap check-off sheet,” which will be marked each time the skater reaches the starting point, thereby, keeping track of the number of laps completed.
4. Upon completion of the skate-a-thon, skaters will hand in their lap check-off sheet. A volunteer will copy and record each skater’s lap total on their pledge envelope and return it. Skaters may then collect outstanding pledges. Please return pledge envelopes with the money to PYHA no later than 2 weeks after Skate a thon. Donations can be sent directly by mail to the following address:
P. O. Box 3175
Prescott, AZ 86302
5. Participants must wear their helmets, elbow pads, and knee pads.
We look forward to all our participants having a great time! For questions or concerns, or to volunteer, contact Freedom Nolan or Jeanine Hannon (email@example.com)